MG101 is a Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE IP Solution. The solution is optimized for integration as part of 3rd party SOC chip. It includes Modem, L1 software and protocol stack and can be interfaced to several RF chips. The MG101 small area and low power consumption make it an ideal solution for applications such as data cards and handheld mobile devices, machine to machine applications and more.
The solution includes two main components:
- Protocol Stack: The PS software can be implemented on dedicated processor or integrated together with customer software on a shared processor.
- Modem: The modem is implemented on top of ASOCS world renowned ModemX® configurable baseband processor. The modem interfaces with the protocol stack through L1. The customer can use RF chipset and interface to the modem by using ModemX® programmable RF interface (RCU). DigRF and digital I/Q interfaces are supported as well.
- Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- GSM release 4
- GPRS/EDGE multi-slot class 12
- Mobile station class B
- GPRS: max: 85.6Kbps
- EDGE: Uplink or downlink max throughput: 236.8Kbps
- Coding scheme:CS1~4, MCS1~9
- Modem and stack support for Full Rate (FR) and Enhanced Full Rate (EFR)
- Comprehensive AT Command I/F including Multiplexing according to 3GPP 27.010
- 3GPP 27.007 AT command set for User Equipment
- 3GPP 27.005 Use of Data Terminal Equipment (SMS)
- Programmable RF interface supporting DigRF Ver 1.12 or digital 12bits/12bits I/Q interface.
- The core is a fully synchronous design and requires a single clock.
- Low clock frequency 160MHz - 200MHz
- Synthesizable Verilog RTL files
- Simulation test bench
- Protocol Stack
- L1 Control (Modem & RF Control layer)
- Modem firmware to be loaded into MG101
- Reference C-model (fixed & floating-point) - OPTIONAL